Valkyrie California

Multiple of my out-of-town bridesmaids have the same first initial, so their monikers will come from where they live. Let's talk California.

This is the beautiful California.


This is a photo from her own courthouse wedding at San Francisco City hall. You know, the city hall route doesn't work for everyone, but I have to say that this is a really lovely building.

Source: IQ Photo
I mean, that is gorgeous. Probably prettier than a lot of "traditional" venues.

Anyway, let's talk about California. I met her where I met all of my out-of-town girls, at Infinitus 2010 in Orlando. Actually, at the time I only knew BMaid Washington (who I'll get to as well), and the other three were her roommates at the hotel. But by the next year's conference I had made them mine too. I didn't mind sleeping on the floor in a room that held so many cool people.

I'd seen her more since then, but the time I really got to know California well was when I visited her hometown at New Years in 2014.

This is what effortless cool looks like.

We went to a bunch of different places and California was very much up for whatever I wanted to see. We hit the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, which is just freaking bonkers. This old lady from the Winchester rifle family thought that evil ghosts wouldn't be able to get at her if she kept changing her house. This includes staircases that lead nowhere and a door that opens onto a two story drop to the back yard.

But probably one of my favorite parts was going to the Pacific Ocean.



It was January, so it was incredibly cold. We bailed and ran for shore almost immediately after this picture was taken by her now-husband.

Probably one of the best things about BMaid California is that she has a very calming presence. When she laughs, you just feel happier than you did before. I got a 3.5 hour tattoo on that trip and not only did she come in and let me squeeze her hand into jelly, she took me to a place with hearty comfort food after (I was feeling lightheaded).

Also, she gives most excellent hugs. Highly recommended.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Illinois Bridal and Wedding Expo

Houston, We Have Dress!